Hello Homeschool Families,
It has been a long time since we met for classes, but we are forging ahead and planning to have a new semester of classes starting January 14, 2021. Most of our teachers are returning, and we have a good slate of classes for you to choose from. These gifted teachers have a heart for serving the Lord by serving others. In that regard we want to keep them and all of you safe and well. Below are the church policies for safety and sanitation as we continue to deal with the Covid virus.
Per our safety committee the following rules are in place:
– temperature checks will be made in the lobby of the CLC, Christian Life Center
– anyone with temperature greater than 100.4 will not be allowed to attend
– masks must be worn in hallways going to and from the classrooms
– social distancing in the rooms must be practiced and masks are encouraged for the safety and peace of mind of the staff, you and others.
– a teacher must maintain 6 ft of distance when speaking without a mask.
– if a teacher needs to come closer than 6 ft a mask must be worn
– rooms will be assigned based on ability to hold students allowing for social distancing
– teachers will wipe down their classroom after its use if another group of students is coming into the space
– those wanting to socialize before or after class must do so outside the building
– groups will enter and exit through designated doors only
– teachers must contact Michelle Woodard if they suspect there has been an exposure to the group or its members by someone currently infected with COVID-19.
– should exposure or an outbreak in the group or facility take place, groups must be ready to stop meeting on campus for a minimum of two weeks.
– teachers will take roll each week, so we will know who was in class each week.
– the spaces and classrooms we use in the CLC and Fellowship Hall will be sanitized on Friday each week
Thank you for being considerate of others during these unusual times. I have found the children coming to Sunday School adhere to these rules without any problem. Sometimes they need reminders, but quickly comply.
You may use the Fellowship Hall when there is not a class in session. Please stay within your own family. If visiting with others please wear your mask and keep socially distanced. The CLC gym will not be available to us at this time.
We will pray for lots of pretty days, so the children may run around and play outside.
God bless you all as we approach a new year!
Director Bethlehem Homeschool Group
Phil. 2:4 Do not look out merely for your own interests, but for the interests of others.
Phil 2:13 For it is God who is at work in you to will and to work for His good pleasure.